San Giacomo Church
In the upper part of town , the St.James’ Basilica is one of the best examples of the Lombard-Romanesque style architecture in this whole region. It was built from the end of the 11th century to the beginning of the 12th century by the Masters of Como and was decreed a National Monument in 1904.
Inside mosaics of the early ‘900, rich altar of the end of ‘500, a “Deposition of Christ” by the Perugino school, an archaic cross (XII cent.), a triptych by Foppa (1432) and a polychrome wooden sculpture of the “Buried Christ” of the Spanish-Baroque school.
Back to Monuments and Villas