San Giovanni Battista church
At San Giovanni town fraction
In S. Giovanni, next to the villa of the Marquis Trotti there was the Church of St. Giovanni, which was in state of inexorable deterioration.
In 1785 it was enlarged and restored, and it assumed the shapes that still nowadays preserves. We know very little about this church that was the first one erected in the Bellagio land.
The actual aspect comes from the modifications made in the second half of the XVIII century.
A wonderful pure Baroque style fašade was built and it was supported by a five bells tower; the interior of the building still built with three aisles was enriched by paintings, stuccoes.
The most important masterpiece was given to the Frizzoni family and it was placed in the right aisle in front of the presbytery. It is an altar-piece representing "The Risen Christ between the Saints and donors", an oil painting of the XV-XVI centuries, by Gaudenzio Ferrari.